Last updated: April 26, 2022
Happy Kidz LLC (d/b/a Happy Grub) (“Happy Grub,” “we,” “our,” and/or “us”) values the privacy of individuals who use our website at https://eathappygrub.com (the “Website”).
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On or through the Website, including when you buy our products through the Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other website or application operated by Happy Grub or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- You provide to or that is collected by any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including, but not limited to, through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to us via the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of their respective features, register on our website or through our mobile applications, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information from and about users of our Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically when you use the Website.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your local time zone.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, signing up for our mailing list, applying to join our affiliate program, posting reviews, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You may also provide information for publication or display (hereinafter “posted”) on public areas of the Website (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Data We Collect Through Your Use of the Website
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, and we may collect information in connection with specific functions or services provided on the Website, including, but not limited to:
- Device Information. We may receive information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, and unique device identifiers.
- Usage Information. We automatically receive information about your interactions with our Website, such as the pages or other content you view, the products you search for or purchase, and the dates and times of your visits, to help us understand how you use our Website, help us improve our Website, and provide you information about our Website, Merchants, and Partners.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED DATA
We may use the information we collect from Users to:
- Present our Website and its contents to you;
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our service providers, including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Respond to customer support questions or your requests;
- Conduct research;
- Find and prevent fraud;
- Resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other Users, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Website; and
- Respond to any issues that may arise during deliveries.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
We may also use the information in any other way we may describe at the time you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Analyze how you use our Website and store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Website. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Happy Grub's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Happy Grub about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you agree to provide the information.
- With your consent.
- Where disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, legal process, or a governmental request.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties, if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Happy Grub, our Users, or the public.
- To protect the security or integrity of our Website.
- To respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
- To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations.
We may also share your personal information with third parties to help us use it for the purposes described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store; you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Promotion Offers from the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or a third-party’s products or services, you can always unsubscribe from such promotional emails via the link provided in the emails or contacting us at email@example.com. Even if you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- Profile Information. You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Account Deletion. If you would like to delete your Happy Grub account, please contact us through email@example.com with your request. If you choose to delete your account, we will retain your sale history, feedback rating, and purchase history. We may also retain your account information to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, analyze usage of the Website, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud, enforce our Terms of Service or End User License Agreements, or take other actions as required or permitted by law and/or regulations.
CALIFORNIA DO-NOT-TRACK DISCLOSURE
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Website for third party purposes. That is why we have provided links (above) to the NAI “Consumer Opt-Out” link, the DAA opt-out link, and a Google opt-out link. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do-Not-Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do-Not-Track standards, implementations and solutions.
Our Website may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not have control over. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to read their privacy policies before giving them your information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The services provided through the Website are based in the state of California in the United States and provided for access and use only by persons located in the United States. Our computer systems are currently based in the United States, so your personal data will be processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. You may only register for an account if you are legally permitted to, and do, live in the United States or one of its territories. You acknowledge that you may not be able to access all or some of the Services outside of the United States and that access thereto may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws.